Naval Research Lab (NRL)
Location: Washington, DC
Requisition No: 01.26.18
Job title: Acoustic Electrical Engineer
Key Words: Electrical Engineering, Acoustics, Naval Applications
Excet Inc. is seeking to immediately hire an Electrical Engineer who will specialize in design, development, and testing of electrical systems for underwater acoustic applications. The candidate must be able to work with cross-functional groups involving government and industry partners to design, model, fabricate, and test electrical circuits optimized for the acoustic, analog, and digital domains. The candidate will be expected to operate in coordination with research teams to provide development, prototyping, trouble shooting, testing, hardening, and documenting of electrical control and signal processing circuits. The position is full time and located at the Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS Degree in electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with acoustic system electronics development for low frequency signal processing
- Experience with printed circuit board (PCB), ARM microcontroller, and field programable gate array (FPGA) design, programming, and testing
- Expertise with board fabrication in the laboratory and managing third party fabricators
- Demonstrated record of successful electronic circuit development with integration into a complex system
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance at the secret level
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- MS degree in electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, or related discipline
- Familiarity or experience with Naval acoustic applications and requirements
- Experience applying schematic capture, hardware descriptive language (HDL), and simulation program with integrated circuit emphasis (SPICE)
- Experience with functional and environmental subsystem testing
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
Type of Position: Full-Time
Travel: Occasional Travel Required but most travel will be within the Washington, DC area.
Excet, Inc. is a growing research services firm specializing in science and engineering.
Excet, Inc. offers a collaborative team culture where you can use your skills and experience to advance your career and make a difference. We’re looking for intellectual curiosity, a high level of comfort with complexity, and a desire to work in a wide range of challenging environments. We continue to attract and retain the best workforce in the field.
If you have talent, experience, and a desire to advance your career, come join our team.
Excet, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and participates in E-Verify.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org