Location: New York, NY
Acoustic Consultant for SoundSense
Office Location: New York, NY
SoundSense is a premier designbuild Acoustical Consulting & Design Firm that specializes in noise and vibration measurement & control for residential, industrial and commercial applications. SoundSense is a small business that has the experience, tools, patents, and innovative ideas to provide cost effective solutions to all types of acoustical problems. As a complement to the design phase, SoundSense offers Construction Administration consulting services and progress testing to ensure the efficacy of acoustical treatment.
• BS or MS in Engineering or Physics, preferably Mechanical or Acoustic Engineering.
• 3+ Years of Experience, preferably with a P.E.
• Proficiency with MS Office & CAD software (such as SketchUp or AutoCAD) and Adobe Pro
• U.S. citizenship or Green Card
• Extensive knowledge of current acoustic equipment and standards
• Engineering and development of acoustic design for residential (multi-family and single family), commercial and government projects
• Construction documentation for sound separation and room environment analysis, inclusive of room modeling, AIIC, ASTC, and RT60
• Project proposals and site coordination for testing and review
• Construction administration and review for design compliance
• Outdoor and mechanical noise monitoring, noise impact studies and associated noise reduction design
• Prepare clear reports with configuration details for budget analysis.
• Vibration, plumbing, and mechanical noise review
• Construction noise, building, and noise code compliance
• Communicate clearly with project members/clients and internal team regarding schedule, deadlines, project details
• 3-5 years of intensive work experience in the field of acoustics at a reputable Acoustic Consulting Design, Environmental or Architectural Firm
• Comprehensive knowledge of Acoustics with adeptness in vibration and noise control
• Practical experience with acoustic monitoring, solution set modeling, and noise reduction design
• Experience in field noise & vibration surveys
• Data evaluation, acoustical computations and design
• Report preparation and presentation
• Budget analysis and value engineering
• Proficiency with technical equipment and software for B&K, Larson Davis, Odeon, INSUL, SoundPLAN, and CAD software (such as SketchUp or AutoCAD)
• Additional background in music, sound engineering and recording are considered an asset to the candidate’s skill set
• Candidates must have excellent written and verbal skills to communicate a project from the development through to project completion, clearly documenting each stage.
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary to commensurate with skills and experience
• Full medical insurance, 401K, (2) weeks of PTO, Office closed between December 25th – January 2nd, and (5) additional paid holidays.
SoundSense is a Women-Owned Business Enterprise, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Applicants should send resume with cover letter addressed to Dr. Bonnie Schnitta, CEO/Owner of SoundSense via email to Trish Kern, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org