Eligator Acoustic Associates
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Ron Eligator, Managing Principal
Our New York City office is looking for an experienced architectural acoustic consultant to work on a wide variety of projects, including work in the performing arts, education, media and production, commercial and workplace, and multi-family residences and hotels. This position provides an exceptional opportunity for professional growth through close working relationships with firm principals; ideally leading to a leadership role. It reports into the Managing Principal.
Who We Are? Eligator Acoustic Associates (EAA) is a member of the AMA Consulting Engineers, PC & TM Technology Partners, Inc. family of companies: a 170+ employee multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm licensed in 48 states and headquartered in New York City with three regional offices in Los Angeles, CA; Madison, NJ; and Miami, FL. EAA works closely with building and facility owners and managers and design teams locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally providing room acoustic design; sound barrier construction design; design, measurement, monitoring, and control of noise and vibration; and environmental acoustics design and control.
We are committed to providing professional opportunities for those within the firm and also providing outstanding customer experience on every project! Our extraordinary focus on client service gets combined with innovative, cost-effective, solution-oriented designs, all while concentrating on the overall collaborative team approach with other design and construction professionals.
Our People: We are a team of highly skilled professionals who through collaboration produce the best results for our clients and who do not forget to have fun along the way; we are widely seen as best in class within our industry. Driven by our Core Values – Vision, Adaptability, Nurturing, Dedication, Excellence, Respect, Leadership – we are committed to providing an environment where all our employees flourish.
As the Acoustic Consultant you will provide a full range of acoustic design and consulting services to a nationally recognized firm. Your role responsibilities include:
- Application of technical acoustical knowledge and field experience in assisting design teams in developing practical design and construction solutions that meet challenging performance, construction, budget, and schedule requirements
- Consulting on room sizing, shaping, and finishes, sound barrier construction, and noise and vibration control for mechanical and electrical equipment and air distribution systems
- Field testing and measurement, data analysis, and reporting of room acoustic parameters, and noise and vibration
- Measurement, analysis, and design related to compliance with codes, ordinances, and standards related to acoustic performance
- Computer modeling for room acoustic analysis and noise vibration control
- Report writing and presentation of data and technical materials in clear and concise language
- Project management
- Professional development opportunities include participation in professional meetings, conference attendance, and participation in technical meetings
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Architecture, or related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of project experience as a practicing acoustic consultant in cultural, media, production, workplace, and/or related projects
- Knowledge and experience with 2D and 3D modeling and drafting software, especially AutoCAD and Revit, as well as software such as CATT-Acoustic, HVAC Noise Modeling software, etc.
- Experience with use of sound and vibration test equipment
- Interest and passion in related fields, such as architecture, design, music, theater, technology, engineering, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently while managing multiple projects
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively
- Willingness and ability to travel, commensurate with Covid safety protocols
At AMA, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. Employee experience at our focal point we are dedicated to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the industry; and ensuring employees’ development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding, making AMA an Employer of Choice. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members, and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment.
How to Apply? please send your resume to Nicole Ojakian, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [”protected characteristics’] including, but not limited to: race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.