Location: San Antonio, TX
WHO WE ARE
KBRwyle is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
KBRwyle is seeking a Noise Specialist to support the Air Force National Environmental Policy Act Center within the Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC). This position will be located inlocated in San Antonio, TX.
The Noise Specialist will support environmental planning and analysis relative to the execution and implementation of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute significantly to NEPA process improvement and implementation across the Air Force enterprise CONUS and OCONUS.
- Produce various reports and presentations
- Provide expert technical review of NEPA documents in the field of noise/acoustics
- Enforce implementation of Air Force environmental policy and advise decision-makers regarding technical/analytical details and potential impacts to various resources, (e.g. human environment, wildlife, land-use, airspace, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is desired; course-work in acoustics preferred.
- 3 years of progressive environmental analysis experience is required and must include experience with noise modeling
- Working knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and requirements specifically relating to Department of Defense installations is required
- Experience with airfield and airspace noise models such as BaseOps, NOISEMAP, MR_NMAP, AEDT, or INM is desired.
- Experience with more specialized noise models such as BOOMAP, PCBoom, SARNAM, or BNOISE is desired, but not required.
- Direct experience on Air Force Environmental Assessment (EA) and/or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) projects applying Air Force’s Environmental Impact Analysis Process (EIAP) is desired.
- Working knowledge of noise metrics and guidelines
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment and exhibit good interpersonal skills
- May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities
LEARN MORE ABOUT KBRwyle: https://www.kbr.com/markets/government
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information on this job you can either click the link and apply or call Alyssa Gaddis.
Alyssa Gaddis Contact Information:
Job: Engineering/Technical – Environmental
Primary Location: US-US-TX-San Antonio
Req ID: 1060379