DLR Group, Westlake Reed Leskosky
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Designer with an architectural background.
- Cleveland, OH
- Other office locations available
As a Senior Acoustician at DLR Group Westlake Reed Leskosky you will be responsible for applying your acoustical design skills and leading project teams in the realization of award-winning design projects. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group Westlake Reed Leskosky is 100% employee owned and as such you'll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
Along with traditional Architecture/MEP services, DLR Group Westlake Reed Leskosky provides innovative and integrated Acoustic Design Solutions for music and drama spaces, cultural arts facilities, institutional buildings, lecture halls, meeting rooms, courtrooms, and other acoustically sensitive environments as part of the Innovative Technology Design Group.
Our rapidly expanding Innovative Technology Design Group is searching for Senior Architectural Acoustics Consultants. This unique opportunity is directed towards an individual who is interested in high profile projects in a vertically integrated company including A/E services, AV, IT, Theater Consulting, Lighting Design, Security, Museum Design, and Room Automation. The successful Senior Acoustics Consultant candidate must be able to provide the following:
- The ability to work within a multi-disciplined environment.
- The ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Be able to clearly write acoustic service fee proposals and detail probable costs for services on projects.
- Be able to design and detail acoustic solutions for our clients in conjunction with our in-house engineers and technical design staff.
- Be able to provide budget analysis for acoustic solutions for projects.
- Provide for a broad range of facility types in experience that coincides with the Firm's market channels.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in the production of graphic communication.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as lead designer/project manager.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines.
- The ability to quickly graphically provide documentation for senior level acousticians.
- Must be able to provide assistance in taking field measurements for acoustic analysis using SMAARTLive 5.0 and SMAART Acoustic Tools.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Etc.
- Must be able to use CATT and EASE proficiently.
- Must be familiar with electro-acoustic and audio system design.
- Must have a degree in acoustics or equivalent professional experience in a science based related field.
- Must have extensive knowledge of current acoustic standards and practices.
DLR Group Westlake Reed Leskosky is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group Westlake Reed Leskosky fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/yvv55yh3hh
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
- JASA Express Letters
- Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics
- Acoustics Today
- Echoes Newsletter
- Acoustics Research Letters Online
- Noise Control
- Sound: Its Uses and Control
- Subscription Information and Rates
- Online Books
- Printed Books
- CDs, DVDs and Videos
- Foundation Fund
- Funding Resources