Acoustical Consultant/Audio Visual System Designer
CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and audiovisual design consulting firm with headquarters in Kailua, Hawaii and a mainland location in Denver, Colorado. As our young firm quickly expands and grows, we seek the idealcandidate to join our team of engineers in Hawaii.
CENSEO is seeking an entry-level Acoustical Consultant/Audiovisual System Design Engineer. The position includes a diverse range of projects including civic, commercial, educational, government, healthcare, military, performing arts, residential, resorts and hotels, and worship spaces.
The ideal candidate is prepared to conduct audiovisual system designs, sound system designs, acoustical field tests and measurements, build acoustical and system computer models (such as CadnaA, EASE, etc.), and consult on a wide range of acoustical and AV design projects.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, acoustics, or a related field. Experience in sound test and measurement, noise and vibration assessment, and audio/visual and multimedia design is a plus.
Our new team member will be responsible for system designs, data analysis, field testing, and client interaction. The Consultant will gather information directly from clients and implement into design drawings. Our consultants are involved with the full Project Management process from proposal to final check-out.
• AV and Acoustical Design
• Prepare reports and communicate directly with clients
• Analyze and collect acoustical, noise, and vibration data
• Prepare calculations, design drawings, and system specifications
• Follow CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
• Participate in marketing and business development efforts
• Commit to working knowledge and small business growth
• Experience in the fields of AV and Acoustics
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, acoustics, or a closely related field
• Passion for AV and acoustics, building/construction, and design
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
• Project experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, and noise and vibration control
• Understanding of acoustics standards and measurements
• Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
• Proficiency in Auto CAD, Revit, CadnaA, EASE, other sound modeling software, and Microsoft Suite
• Project Management experience
CENSEO’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types with a local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for superior leadership, commitment to a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing campaigns. We remain involved in professional organizations and our local communities. We believe strongly in a work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and many other desirable benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
- JASA Express Letters
- Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics
- Acoustics Today
- Echoes Newsletter
- Acoustics Research Letters Online
- Noise Control
- Sound: Its Uses and Control
- Subscription Information and Rates
- Online Books
- Printed Books
- CDs, DVDs and Videos
- Foundation Fund
- Funding Resources