Newson Brown Acoustics, LLC
Santa Monica, CA
Newson Brown Acoustics, LLC is seeking to hire an acoustical consultant, either at an entry level position or with past experience, to work in our office located in Santa Monica, California.
Newson Brown Acoustics, LLC has been in business for over twenty years. Consultants at our company provide a full range of acoustical consulting services including architectural acoustics, building services noise and vibration control, community and environmental acoustics and acoustical troubleshooting. Our office works on a broad range of project types including television and movie studios, radio and recording studios, corporate headquarters, courts and other civic buildings, educational facilities, healthcare, residential, resorts and hotels, laboratories, libraries, museums, performing arts spaces, screening rooms, theaters and worship spaces. Clients served include all major Hollywood movie studios, tech companies, major global corporations, governments and academic institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing drawings.
- Providing sound isolation and acoustical finish recommendations.
- Using software to predict mechanical noise levels and recommending appropriate noise control.
- Providing vibration isolation specifications for electrical, plumbing and elevator systems.
- Carrying out noise surveys of project sites and recommending upgrades to building exteriors as needed to meet interior noise level criteria.
- Noise control of emergency generators and other outdoor equipment.
- Vibration measurements.
- Analysis of noise and vibration data.
- Understanding of acoustics standards.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for information and product submittals during construction.
- Visiting projects during construction to determine if they are being built per the plans.
- Preparation of technical reports and communicating with clients.
- Attending meetings to discuss and present reports.
- Effective time management to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (preferred) in acoustics, or a related subject.
- Experience with Word and Excel.
- Experience with TAP, CATT Acoustic, Bluebeam, Auto CAD, Revit and EASERA.
- Experience with both Bruel and Kjaer and Larson Davis sound level meters and software.
- Knowledge of common architectural terms, structures, building systems and design practices.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and analyze architectural and technical drawings, specifications and other related materials.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Excellent writing, listening and verbal communications skills, with a strong commitment to learning.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment, interface effectively with management, and handle multiple requests.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Proactive, conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Passion for acoustics, building/construction, and design.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Training and Benefits
- We aim to fully train entry level consultants in all of the duties and responsibilities listed above within two to three years of joining the company.
- We offer competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including:
- Fifteen days of paid vacation per year for starting employees.
- Seven paid holidays per year.
- Five days of paid sick leave per year.
- Health and dental coverage.
- 401k plan with company contributions.
- Long term disability insurance.
Newson Brown Acoustics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both graduates and people with work experience are welcome to apply.
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
- JASA Express Letters
- Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics
- Acoustics Today
- Echoes Newsletter
- Acoustics Research Letters Online
- Noise Control
- Sound: Its Uses and Control
- Subscription Information and Rates
- Online Books
- Printed Books
- CDs, DVDs and Videos
- Foundation Fund
- Funding Resources